Appointments can be booked on the same day or up to 4 weeks in advance. One third of appointments can be booked in advance and two thirds are bookable on the day.
Some on-line appointments are available through EMIS Access (you will need to register).
Please ring the surgery on 01273 508811 between 08:00 – 12:30 and 14:00 – 18:00.
Urgent problems will always be seen as appropriate.
Most medication reviews can be dealt with over the telephone, please book a telephone appointment. Please ring the surgery on 01273 508811 after 11:00.
How our Appointment System Works
Many medical issues can be dealt with by talking to your doctor on the telephone which may mean you do not have to travel to the surgery.
Should the doctor feel you need to be seen at the surgery then they will arrange this at the time they talk to you on the telephone.
We have different types of consultations to meet your needs. A telephone consultation could be the best way to deal with your query or issue and it is a system that is being adopted by many practices across the country as a way to ensure patients’ needs are appropriately met.
The following explains our appointment system:-
- Non urgent issues – You can book a range of appointments up to 4 weeks in advance. This could be a telephone appointment or a face to face appointment. Please call after 14:00 when the telephones are less busy.
- More urgent issues – We offer same day appointments for more urgent issues. Sometimes, due to high demand, these appointments are used up quickly. If you have an issue that cannot wait until the next available advance appointment, and there are no same day appointments available, you will be offered a telephone consultation with a Doctor. If the Doctor feels you need to be seen, they will arrange this with you.
- Non Medical issues – If you have a non-medical issue e.g. letters/forms for completion please put your query in writing and leave at reception rather than booking an appointment with the Doctor. For non-NHS services there may be a charge.
- Medication Requests – All requests need to be made in writing. An appointment with a Doctor should not be made for this.
Appointments at Warmdene Surgery
- Dr Khan: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Dr Lewis: Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
- Dr Greenwood: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
- Dr Howard: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
- Dr Rogers: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
Appointments at the Branch Surgery (Deneway)
- Doctors are at the Deneway on a rota basis.
- Nurse available Monday and Friday.
- Phlebotomist available Monday.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.